Mänttä Art Festival, as reviewed by a one-year-old
The annually organized Mänttä Art Festival is probably the most important cultural event of the region. This year we engaged in conversation with a a one-year-old who reviewed the exhibition for us here at the Kasper Stromman Design Blog.
– So, before you start we want you to keep in mind that the theme this year is “Finders keepers”. Okay?
– We take that as a yes.
Olli Keränen: Serious stuff
– So, let’s get started: how do you like this piece?
– No, we can’t climb it. It could be dangerous. Why don’t we have a look at some other art instead?
Denise Ziegler: Y-X
– No, we are not supposed to touch the artwork. As an art critic you should know this. Why would you want to climb it anyway?
– You know what? You need to work on your argumentation.
Jaakko Pallasvuo: Higher education
– Yes, this is an interesting piece by Berlin based artist Jaakko Pallasvuo. We should probably give you a minute as there’s a lot to take in here.
– Okay, wow. We can tell we’re dealing with a pro here.
Pia Sirén: Kattopuutarha
– CLEAN UP.
– No, we can’t be cleaning up since this is the artwork you’re suppose to be reviewing. So what do you think?
– Okay then.
– CLEAN UP.
– No no, this is still the same piece. Or is it? Actually it’s a bit hard to tell.
– Good idea.
Art critic’s stroller
– Ha ha, did you hear that? Those other exhibition guests thought your stroller was part of the show?
– That’s a good idea. Reviewing art can be tiresome.
The Mänttä Art festival has been organized since 1993.