At the Yellow City exhibition opening
Yellow City is an anthology of illustrated stories about Helsinki, which was released a couple a weeks ago. Currently an exhibition of the illustrations is on at the Napa Gallery, and as avid followers of the art scene we at the Kasper Stromman Design Blog were naturally at the opening party.
The party was fun and the illustrations looked okay and everything, but what’s most important – the beer was sponsored! As someone who is actively looking for a beer sponsor, this fact pretty much blew us away here at the Kasper Stromman Design Blog.
– Marjo Granlund of Napa Illustrations, congratulations on the new exhibition. How did you go about to get a beer sponsor?
– Thank you! This exhibition has been long in the making, so it really is great to… wait, you are not going to be asking these pointless beer questions again, are you? Look, it’s the same beer that was left over from the book launch, okay?
Leena and Jussi.
– No, of course I’m not only going to be asking beer questions, don’t be silly. And don’t get me wrong, the illustrations look great. Almost as great as the delicious Heineken beer you are serving! I wish we at the Kasper Stromman Design Blog had such a great beer sponsor.
– Whatever. Anyway, the exhibition features work from Riikka Sormunen, Jussi Karjalainen, Christer Nuutinen and Pauliina Mäkelä of Napa Illustrations, who have interpreted texts by Juho Nieminen, Leena Parkkinen, Pauliina Haasjoki and Tiina Lehikoinen.
Johnny and Pauliina.
– That’s amazing. And guess what else is amazing? Heineken! I think the guests of this exhibition opening are incredibly lucky to have such an amazing beer at hand.
– Okay, that’s enough. Out.