Pelago is a nice Helsinki based bicycle brand that recently moved it’s showroom downtown from sunny Vallilla. Because we here at the Kasper Stromman Design Blog basically get invited to all non-lame design related events we went along to have a chat with Pelago founding fathers, the Hyppönen brothers.
– Timo Hyppönen, I hear Pelago has a couple of new bicycle models out this year and… wow, there’s beer at this opening party!
– Sponsored beer. Look, I know your interviewing technique. Try to ignore the beer and let’s focus on the bikes instead.
– Of course. So this is the new Pelago San Sebastian?
– Indeed. A lightweight, agile bike with very responsive steering. There’s two different options for the handle bars, and we also sell it as a frameset.
– That’s very nice indeed. And this year you have also brought out your top of the range model, the Pelago Stavanger?
– That’s correct. This is the highest quality bike we have built to date. It has a unique frame geometry and is designed to meet the demand of different users. It’s as appropriate for those long hikes as it is to zoom around town.
– It definetely looks like a first-class bicycle. What I really like as well is that you not only sell bicycles, but also carry the best bicycling accesories. At least I haven’t seen anyone else in town sell the kind of stuff you have in here?
– Kasper, I actually think you will like this bag. Have you had a look at the detailing?
– That is one cool bag.